Thursday, January 24, 2013

Microsoft Gigs



I have worked as a studio camera operator for the Freeman Production Company. They are my employer for several of the Microsoft events.

This is a photo of me taken during the intermission of a two day event held on Microsoft's Redmond Campus during the spring of 2012.

(I'm looking a little tired. 
They were long days but we got great food).


Microsoft has their own broadcasting group and this was a Going Native live webcast. I was one of two camera operators running gear that was not robotic.


This conference and webcast featured authors and explorers of C+ language. Although I am not a code writer, I still found the speakers interesting and the conference attendees, when polled, represented more than seven countries.

In the autumn of 2012, I worked on staging the productions of events launching Microsoft's Windows 8.
I assisted in the preparation of their broadcast and in the staging of several types of projectors and projection screens. I am still curious if the figure for the Big White Tent Event worked out to cost the company about $50,000 a seat for very special invited guests.

Microsoft's Tech Ready is another annual event that I usually work at in the Washington State Convention Center.  Microsoft's Company Meeting was held for several years at Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners Baseball Team. That's a BIG Company Meeting. It's pretty impressive view to enter work every day to see hundreds of people erecting a set for more than a week that will be used for one day.  It's a truly cool feeling to experience what it is like to stand near the pitcher's mound or home plate.

1 comment: